Mildew is a hassle for most of the user.
Even on brand new ribs, it might happen that after a winter light and dark grey spots begin to show up.
WHAT TO DO TO PREVENT THIS?
- Keep your rib as dry as you can
- Find your rib a covered shelter for winter, not humid
- Use a GOOD cover while at sea, avoiding water to leak and remain inside the hull for long period, especially on warm days
- Wash ribs with nautical detergent and use proper wax before splash it at the beginning of the season
- Do not rinse with sea water (might seem something obvious but is unfortunately a very common procedure)
DO YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH MILDEW?
Big D® offers a compete treatment for mildew on dinghies.
We take your boat for 3 days and will give it back to you with an absolute new look.