Since I moved to Malta, I always wanted to be a reference in the marine industry.
In the last 7years Big D® grew in terms of quality, service and experience.
Thanks to what has been acquired on the field, we are proud to introduce on the market D-FEND and 4-FEND.
D-FEND is a Hypalon© fender, totally handmade in Malta using only Orca Pennel et Flipò fabric, completely customisable and available in different colors.
- Yacht & SuperYacht inflatable fenders
Protect your yacht on berthing operations and side collisions.
- Fendering systems for pontoons & berths
System designed for stern manoeuvres and alongside berths.
- Bathing platforms and transom fenders
Protect your boat from water taxi, tender and water toys collisions.
What are the advantages of using an Hypalon© fender instead a PVC one?
- Higher certified resistance – at the same thickness Hypalon© fabric resists up to 500% to ANY solicitation, to check the differences between PVC and HYPALON© read our blog here.
- Gelcoat friendly – the Hypalon© fabric is neoprene, not plastic, therefore there is no rubbing surface able to scratch gelcoat on the vessel
- 20% lighter – one of biggest advantages is that (always the same thickness) the specific weight is between 20/25% lighter accordingly to other component’s weight (such as shackles and lines) this because we care all the crew members (including women and elder people) can handle safely these devices even if alone
- Long performance glue – typically a PVC fender glue lasts up to maximum 5ys even by keeping the device in good condition, then because of thermal gap, straight sun heat and overpressure, leaks occur and despite it is possible to fix, it is totally not worthed
- 10ys FULL WARRANTY – our fenders are done good: the glue used is certified for 10ys by Big D® and the material is 5ys directly from the producer ORCA Pennel et Flipò. As we say in Big D®, we provide the best or nothing.
Big D® begun the production of 4-FEND on 2019, a definitive fendering solution for bathing platforms, yacht transoms and hi-end pontoons from hit of tenders, water taxis and water toys.
Today we are proud to have systems installed which are bringing Big D® and Maltese flag sailing around the world.
Our R&D dept is constantly updated on the matter, we won’t give just the quotation, we’ll make a complete forecast:
- Measurements – we verify the provided dimensions and speak with who is in charge about the possible solutions, leaving nothing behind and getting full responsability in regards. Producing hi-end product is mainly communication, and our goal must be the same: the best or nothing.
- Visual Render on your vessel – once understood the idea, we render it and see the visual impact, we can change colors and shape for a better project plan
- Production and Delivery – You call Big D® because trust our skills, but what makes the final product PERFECT is that we listen to your NEED. For this reason we don’t stock any fender. Everything is hand made by artisans, people which cannot be replaced by machine, knowledge which cannot be installed into someone else. Accordingly to load of work it might take more or less time, but once we give a delivery, that promise is always kept.
Our winning policy? We respect all the above.
We aim to design the most efficient fender, caring for all their users, from the crew to the guests.
The growing experience in this matter convinced us to optimise certain procedures and embellish the walking surfaces both with anti-skid surfaces or teak.
Our prices are balanced, but the outcome of our production is unique.
Design is even taking care of:
- Preventing structural breaking points
- Choosing the proper anti skid surfaces
- Using only ORCA Pennel et Flipò Hypalon© fabric colors instead of PVC
We take care and follow up the entire process, from 3D design, the cut and all handmade installation, updating our clients at every step.
The Maltese office is small but totally up-to-date and provides the 3D cut and the visualisation.
The closed cell sfoams (high impact absorber) is cut by specific machine.
As said we consider that respecting the delivery is an important stage of the work itself.
It is about respect of timings, and we know that a vessel must be doing like a clock and timings is essential.
With Big D® you don’t find a supplier, you find a new gear.
Big D®, the best or nothing.